SWAMP COOLER aka EVAPORATIVE COOLER
(disabled early November to mid-March)
The cabin is best cooled by the "Swamp Cooler", which draws air through a watered filter.
The controller is located to the left of the front door.
1. Swing open the door on the thermostat.
2. Slide lower switch to "Fan High".
3. Close door.
4. Set temp via Up/Down arrows to 78, for instance.
5. Cooler will prepare (soak pad with water) for 4 minutes, then start blowing.
6. PLEASE help us save energy. Slide the lower switch back to SYSTEM OFF when you are done with the cooler.
Swamp Coolers are not effective in humid weather, and can make things worse.
The bedroom "MINI SPLIT" air conditioner is more effective in humid weather.
Simple fans will help in all situations, but only if they are blowing at you.